Cherished Memories for a Lifetime

A historic landmark in the heart of downtown Irmo, the Leitner House offers remarkable architecture and serene grounds that are perfect for any occasion.

View Gallery HLH Facebook

The Historic Leitner House was constructed in 1908. It was the residence of Irmo's two-term mayor, J. A. Leitner. This two-story front-gabled, clapboard house with a shingled roof and bracketed porch featuring spindled friezes has been preserved in its original form. The Leitner House is a precious historic landmark to the town of Irmo.

In 1940s, the house served as a dining area for boarding school teachers and a dormitory for the University of South Carolina's Gamecock football team’s assistant coaches. The old railroad depot across the street from the Leitner’s house served as important intersection for railroad tractors during the late 1880s. The town's name originated from the first two letters of the President of Columbia, Newberry and Laurens Railroad (CN&L), H. C. Moseley, and CN&L's treasurer, C. J. Iredell. A U.S. Geological Survey bench mark commemorating the old rail road depot site, which also marks the center of the town of Irmo, is located in the front yard of the Leitner House.

In 2008, Peter and Muse Chow became the owners of this prominent historic house. The Leitner House since enovated with new amenities whilst carefully preserving the home’s exquisite architectural features. One century after its completion. Peter and Muse would like to share the Historic Leitner House and its garden with the families of Irmo and the Midlands, to give thanks for the Lord's merciful love and to honor our forefathers who built our beautiful town of Irmo.

Service Hour

  • Mom.-Fri., 11am - 6:30pm
  • Sat., 10am - 3:30pm
  • Sun., by appointment only

Contact Us


Useful Links